Electric Folding Bikes
While you were out walking in the park you saw someone motor by on a bike that looked electric (like an electric bike). They were having a great time and suddenly you were jealous for all of their fun. An electric bike is just not practical for you because they are bulky, expensive and hard to lug around – or so you thought! Electric bikes now have models that have the ability to fold up and be compact. The electric bike (s) that folds are a great option to have when you travel, like to take your bike out to the park or simply don’t have a lot of storage space for it once you get home. Go out and investigate folding bikes because they might be a great option you never considered having.
Practicality with an Electric Bike
- A bike will take up a bunch of space, no matter where you want to put it. If it is in the shed or in the garage, a bike will take up space you could be using for something else. To make storing a bike more practical and convenient, electric bike manufacturers created frames that could be folded in certain ways to take up much less space. Some models see the bike frame fold in to thirds, with each tire section folding in to the frame. Another type of bike frame that folds is the wheels snap on and off and the frame folds in half. There are lots of different frame styles that can fold once or even more than once. Go looking at the models and see what type of folding electric bike will fit in to the space you have available.
Usability of an Electric Bike
- A folding electric bike isn’t just good to have for storage purposes. Sure, you need a place to keep your electric bike when you are at home, but what if you travel? The folding electric bike is easily moved around town as you go on vacation or just a jaunt through another city. The folded bike can be loaded in to the back of a vehicle and driven across town to a new park you want to explore. A folding bike can also be loaded on top of the luggage rack or in the vehicle you are taking on a vacation. Everyone likes to ride bikes camping and when in a new town. Packing a folding bike makes it easier to do since it doesn’t take up so much room. And if you have a vehicle without a hitch for a bike rack, it makes it an even more practical reason to get one.
- When your bike is easy to load up and go, you will find yourself taking it more and more. The more you take it, the more exercise you are getting and the healthier you will be. You might not even realize how good getting a folding bike was for you until you have had it for several months or years.
An Electric Bike is lightweight
- Since the foldable electric bikes were created to move around, the design on them was also altered for maneuverability. Motors are located on the bikes in different areas so they can still fold up. Instead of placing motors on the wheels, it is often placed just under the seat or at the back frame of the bike. This way, the wheels can still fold in or the frame can fold in half and be loaded in to the back end of a vehicle.
- Frames with foldable electric bikes are also lighter. Instead of the bike and motor weighing 100 pounds, bikes weigh closer to fifty pounds and can be lifted more easily in to a luggage rack or hatch of a car. When the bike can be easily lifted or movable by one person, you don’t ever have to take someone with you on an expedition. You can be confident in the fact that it is a one-person load and you are able to do it by yourself.
Foldable bikes are sold in the same location as traditional bikes and electric bikes. Ask the sales rep to show you a few and to demonstrate how quick and easy they fold up. You might be sold on the idea before they even get the electric bike unfolded.